I finished the applique on my Bride block for my Bird of Paradise quilt. This is definitely my favorite block so far - lots of pink :0) I plan to embroider a face onto her. I am currently procrastinating about the embroidery on all of these blocks.
I made a few changes to this block to personalise it - most noticably the hairstyle and color. DD#2 informed me that I do not have orange hair :0) This was the closest I could get to my color of red.
I used a new way to prep the cherries involving dimes, starch and aluminum foil. A friend from my guild had suggested it and I was happy with the results. There is always something new to learn!
36 minutes ago