Thursday, October 15, 2020

Fall stitching

2020 has been such a busy year for me.  My time is just not my own.  Finding time to post continues to be tricky but I am definitely stitching whenever I can.

In our new house there is a lovely window seat area and I want to make a few cushions for it. I purchased a couple of soft cushions and covers from Ikea in this gorgeous dark teal color.  

 I was pleased to find a few fabrics in my stash that matched well.  I remember buying the Laundry Basket Quilt fabrics from Edyta Sitar herself in her booth at Quilt Festival last fall - a fun memory.
Fairly simple quilting.  Maybe I'll be more adventurous with the next cushion.

I finished outlining all of the applique on my Hospital Sketches quilt.  I was excited to start adding the "fun" quilting in the background between the applique.

I had a little feathered wreath stencil to use in a few places.  Next will come feathers to connect them.
Outline quilting is hard to see in a photo but it's there :0)

My applique project is coming along well.  I finished my 12th block.  I'm planning a layout for 13 blocks so only one more to make.

Why use one pink when you can use 3?
Happy Quilting!!

9 comments:

Ramona said...

Your applique is gorgeous... love the pinks! The teal color in your pillow is so vibrant and looks great with the quilted front. Beautiful.

Chantal said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! I am happy to hear from you again too. Take care. ;^)

Alison said...

What pretty blocks. I always enjoy seeing applique as I start to wonder if I am the last person still working by hand. Thank you for sharing.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love those simple applique blocks! I agree about pink the more fabrics the merrier!

Kyle said...

Every time I see your beautiful appliques I think WOW! Having a new house gives you lots of opportunity to do some special sewing. Your pillows are so pretty and would invite everyone to enjoy the window seat.

Karen said...

Applique Heaven in your post! And I love your teal fabrics for the cushions. I have been using a lot of teal of late in my quilt projects.

CecileD said...

Your work is absolutely gorgeous !!
Bravo Janet !!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

All of these projects are so pretty. Your teal/blue cushions are stunning. I love your appliqué project too!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It is sad that in these crazy times we feel that our time is not our own. I am thankful that you have had some time for stitching because all of your projects are sensational. I love those little applique blocks. Let's hope for a calmer more peaceful 2021 with lots of quilting time!