Thursday, January 21, 2021

A finish - Totally Tulips

 I finished the quilt for my youngest daughter.  From start to finish in less than 6 months is super fast for me :0)  This is my version of a pattern called Totally Tulips by Missouri Star.  It was fun to piece and I also really enjoyed machine quilting it.  The color scheme was all my youngest daughter's choice - I'd have never chosen it but I am very pleased with the end result.

With a mix of straight line quilting and feathers it was quick to finish.  I was stuck for a few days about what to quilt in the flowers and after doodling around I came up with this branched feathered design. I was aiming for fun and whimsical.  
It is a really long quilt.  I make them long so they stay tucked in at night!  It was hard to get a picture of the full quilt.
The sunlight highlights the texture
Here it is on her bed.  
And with a happy recipient :0)

 I should make more quilts with larger pieces - I discovered that they are more fun to machine quilt.  

Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a beautiful quilt! After many years of making quilts with tiny pieces, I'm enjoy making larger block quilts again too. Happy stitching!

Annemiek said...

Your daughter has made a nice choice for the colors. It is a beautiful quilt. And most important she looks very happy with it.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

OH what a happy and fun quilt. She sure looks thrilled with it! Your quilting is gorgeous! I need to practice my machine quilting. You are an inspiration!

Kyle said...

What a delightful finish for a cold January. The quilting is lovely and the addition of the feathers in the flowers is great. Large pieces do help to get something done quickly. Your daughter looks super pleased

Lori said...

It is great! And she looks happy!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a darling quilt - I love the large scale of the blocks and your machine quilting is so perfect for it. And the colors/fabrics are great! Cute photo of your daughter with her quilt;). There's no better feeling than making a quilt for a loved one;).

audrey said...

Very sweet looking quilt. Can totally see why this one makes you happy!:)