Friday, February 26, 2010

dresser runner

Here is a new project. It's supposed to be a very cute little square table topper with appliqued borders - a cute, new little pattern from Marcie over at http://www.patchalotpatterns.com/ . I got 16 hourglass blocks together and set it on my dresser to admire and... I liked it there. So I made another 16 hourglass units and I think I need about 8 more plus an appliqued border at each end.
It's kind of a new dresser and it just needed a splash of color - oh and if my husband asks - its to protect the wood and paint from getting scratched. :0)
Sorry this picture is a bit dark - its a cloudy day here.
This morning at the LQS I found this fabric in the sale section - its perfect for backing my basket quilt. I did get the borders onto the quilt and I think it all went well. The bias edges behaved just fine. I'll get my husband to hold it up for a picture this weekend - its big!
Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a lovely table topper...just the thing to bring a little colour in :o) ...and protect the wood!

antique quilter said...

I love having little quilts on dressers or top of nightstands...
looks great.
Kathie

Crispy said...

A very sweet table topper, and of course it will protect the wood!!

Crispy

*karendianne. said...

Mmm, mmm, mmm!!! that's great fabric backing for the Basket quilt. Happy to read the bias edges were no problemo! :) and friend, I do love your table topper. That's so darn cute. Marcie does such nice patterns, doesn't she?

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice topper, a treat to make after doing a big quilt too!

Lori said...

Must protect dresser top!!! And with such a pretty topper;)
Wow! that is some backing. It'll be perfect.

MARCIE said...

Oh that dresser topper is so pretty! So you are doing the birds on each end? That will be cute! It looks very nice on your white dresser.

Fiber Babble said...

Ooh! I love the dresser runner! Perfect simplicity and a great 'display' idea - good job!

Carrie P. said...

fun tablerunner. It looks great on your dresser which I really like too. I should make one for my dresser some time. It is pretty plan too.

Barb said...

cute runner