Wednesday, June 2, 2010

from the show

As promised, today's pictures are from the quilt show that took place last weekend. These lovely quilts are not well photographed - the lighting in some of the buildings was not ideal for pictures but the quilts did not get snowed on this way. :0) I do hope we are finished with snow for this spring.
This quilt is fabulous! What a way to set sampler blocks!
This applique quilt is so pretty.
I liked the sunflowers mixed with the fall colors. This quilt was hand quilted - closer shot below.

I liked the setting for these scrappy stars. The quilting also suits this setting.
Ok - there's more. I'll try for tomorrow.
Happy Quilting!!

9 comments:

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing the photos from the show. My favourites were the red and greens of course but I do enjoy seeing these ideas, especially for settings.

BizarreQuilter said...

Oh, I do love that top one!

I've actually made the second one down - the applique one. It is called "Flowers From My Garden" by Lori SMith. What a different the colours can make.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Miriam said...

Wow! beautiful quilts! I love the sampler quilt.

Thank you for sharing!

Crispy said...

Oooo lovely eye candy in the morning!! I too love the sampler quilt.

Crispy

Lori said...

Such pretty quilts. That last one is amazing with so much "movement". The quilting is fantastic.

Ann Champion said...

Wonderful quilts! Thanks for sharing. Sorry the weather wasn't nicer. :)

Karen said...

I like the star quilt because it gives the illusion of circles.

Elizabeth said...

Those are gorgeous! My favorite is the first one you posted. It looks like they were going for a Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter representation. Beautiful!

Carrie P. said...

Wow, thanks for sharing those.