Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a lovely surprise

Yesterday I finished sewing these Crowfoot blocks together. I want this quilt for my bed so it needs some borders to make it bigger. This picture gives an idea of how it will look. Next I will start the pieced border. I hope to quilt this by hand so it could be a couple years before we're sleeping under it. :0)

This is the inspiration quilt. It's in Betsy Chutchian's book "Gone to Texas". It's such a lovely book!

I was so surprised when I looked in the mail today! Marcie sent me a copy of her 2010 Christmas pattern. I have made 2 of her Christmas patterns in previous years and just love them. Thanks so very much Marcie!! I won't be able to get this done in time for Christmas but maybe I'll make it up in spring colors. The seed catalog was in the mail today too so I'm dreaming of flowers and spring as I watch the snow come down...
Happy Quilting!!

18 comments:

Karen said...

I did know that Crowfoot was the name of the block. I like your quilt very well. The time you put into the quilt will be well worth it when it is finally finished.

Ariane said...

I really love this quilt top!! It's gorgeous!!!

Mary Lou Casada said...

Gorgeous quilt top, Janet! I love that dark blue sashing -- it pops out the design, and the scrappy stars are just wonderful!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Jessica said...

absolutly beautiful! i need to find some of that blue you're using for sashing (i mean something similar in color, not the exact fabric..), it is such a peaceful shade. great job~

Dixie Howard said...

Your quilt top is fabulous! How nice to have a surprise from your friend - looks like a great quilt!

antique quilter said...

beautiful quilt, love the fabric choices , love how you made the pattern your own. I will send your blog post to Betsy she will be thrilled.
Kathie

Quiltbenaco said...

Mi piace tantissimo!
Proprio bella!
Mi piacciono i colori e l'insieme delle stelle!
Grazie per averla mostrata!
Ciao Domenica

Lori said...

I love it!! No, seriously I love it!! You say you are piecing a border? Or just piecing the same fabric for a border like in the book?

Teresa Rawson said...

Wow! That is one beautiful quilt top...love the blue sashing and the yummy scrapiness!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Crispy said...

Wow that is just beautiful!! Is the top large enough for the top of your bed and you just need borders for the hang?

Crispy

Peggy said...

Beautiful quilt! Blessings, Peg

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous Crowfoot Quilt...Just love the colours!

Ann Champion said...

I love this quilt!Such beautiful fabric choices. It's even better than the one that inspired yours. :)

Janet said...

The Crows foot quilt has turned out to be a beauty with your setting. You'll have many hours of stitching pleasure quilting it.

Susan said...

Loved the Crowfoot Blocks and the Blue star blocks......Stunning

Barb said...

your setting is wonderful. That blue really works.

Carrie P. said...

Janet, your top is fabulous. I do like your version so much better. You have put a lot of work in this quilt. Well done!

julieQ said...

Just a gorgeous quilt! I love Betsy's book so much..her quilt shop home is very close to where I live.