Tuesday, April 12, 2011

one more bird block

I finished another bird block for my Bird of Paradise quilt. This block was easy and fun to make. I have 9 blocks made now - I thought I'd lay them out for a look. They are in no particular order. I'd better tackle one of the more challenging blocks next - If I leave them all to the end... it won't be good :0)
I am having so much fun making this quilt!! Each block is so interesting and different.
I also finished the hand quilting project from the class I took. I want to make it into something - I'll have to think about it for awhile. Now I can get back to my 4 block applique quilt. I'm ready to start quilting the borders now - yeah!

Happy Quilting!!

11 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your blocks are amazing! So much work! Your hand quilting looks perfect.

Lori said...

All of your blocks look perfect together!! Such wonderful work!

Your wholecloth quilting piece is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Wow they are coming out so great! Love each of them. And your hand stitching looks wonderful. Great job!

Janet said...

Your Bride blocks look really lovely together. Your quilting looks really wonderful, did you need a class because it looks so perfect.

Crispy said...

Wow that blocks look beautiful together. The current block looks just like all the robins that are showing up here.

The whole cloth came out great. Maybe make a pillow from it?

Crispy

Elsie Montgomery said...

Echo all of the above... and when I saw the hand-quilting block, I thought how good it would look with colored applique blocks around it - like those wonderful 'bird' blocks but on the same background fabric.

*karendianne. said...

Oh my goodness your blocks are amazing. I LOVE THEM. Beautiful. Beautiful fabrics and amazing work. I'm really taken with your hand quilting as well. This is a super fun post. :)

2ne said...

What a great quilt :-)

antique quilter said...

your blocks look wonderful together and oh my I love , love, love your wholecloth projects
I am in awe!
just beautiful
Kathie

Carrie P. said...

Your blocks look so great and you are moving right along with them.
Great hand quilting project.

Dixie Howard said...

Your CW Bride quilt is so lovely - you have made such quick progress on it!