Tuesday, February 21, 2012

time flies!

It has been a long time since I posted. I've been very busy. We had all new floors put in and so I've basically packed up and unpacked our house over the last 2 weeks. Whew! The hardest part was the sewing room. I have a very deep closet in that room and I hadn't cleaned it out in a very LONG time. It was good to refold some ufo's. I'm wanting to get back to working on one in particular so I hope I can post some progress on it soon.
In the meantime I've been focusing on these 3 projects and making some progress. This is the second vine panel of my Susan McCord vine quilt. It's about halfway - I LOVE working on this project!

I made a few more blocks for Cheddar Posies. I'm running low on my cheddar stash. The cheddars at my LQS are a bit dull. I need to find more somewhere else. Anyone know of a good Quilt shop in central Florida that stocks lots of reproduction fabrics? We're going on a holiday there in a few weeks. We've never taken the kids to Disney World/Land before - it should be fun.

I'm slowly making progress with my red and white quilt too. I have 3 of the setting triangle 1/2 wreaths done and did the background quilting in one of the corners to see how it would look.
I'm still waiting for the quilt to tell me what it needs in the red parts - I hope it starts talking soon :0)

Happy Quilting!!

15 comments:

Karen said...

The quilting on the red & white is gorgeous. Red & white quilts are so striking.

YankeeQuilter said...

Love, love, love your red and white quilt!

Carol said...

Love the vine panel.

Lurline said...

So much beautiful work - just lovely! hugs Lurline,

Janet said...

Oh boy oh boy, what wonderful projects. The vine looks glorious and so soes the red and white quilting!

Lori said...

It is nice to see you are still sewing even if you aren't blogging. The applique vine is really stunning and the quilting on the r&w is lovely!!
Happy to see a post from you!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi, I've shopped in FL at these stores...

http://www.thequiltplace.com/ near Titusville, and wonderful

http://www.quiltshopofdeland.com/ small, interesting, closer to Orlando.

http://www.sunshinesewing.com/ amazing selection, owner knows her stuff. Nearer Miami, hard to find but worth it!

Try http://www.floridaquilting.com/quiltshops/ for more. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! One fabulous project after another. I admire you for doing the vine, as I would love to but know I don't have the right kind of patience. As in "I'm into easy".

blessings, jilly

Cheri said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, all three of your projects look wonderful. You are doing so good on the vines quilt, it is coming along beautifully!. Your quilting is also beautiful on your red and white quilt...I thought I was the only quilt whisperer...having the quilt tell me what needs to be quilted where : )
Thanks for your comment over on my blog, I have been trying to come up with a new project for my Mom. For now she is embroidering dish towels for the assisted living gift shop. Maybe hexies????

Ann Marie said...

Your quilting is gorgeous!

Dixie Howard said...

Your red and white quilt is just amazing! So eye catching, and the hand quilting is perfect. Love your other projects too. Have fun on your trip!

Miriam said...

Oh my goodness, your quilting is exquisite!!!

Congratulations on your progress with the vine quilt. It is a lot of work!

antique quilter said...

the vine is just beautiful I tried again to work on mine and well its a bit too fussy for me right now...
oh my your red and white is just glorious, the hand quilting has added soooooo much to the quilt I am in awe
Kathie

libbyquilter said...

i have to say that the red and white quilt is SO very beautifully quilted~!!!~
an amazing job you're doing on it~!

:-)
libbyQ

Carrie P. said...

Wow! Janet! your hand quilting is phenomenal!