Friday, June 15, 2012

WISP and whole cloth quilts

I've been sewing. I'm just working away on the same old projects :0) We went camping last weekend and it rained and rained. It was a good chance to do some stitching on my vine. Still working on panel#3.
I've been making a pieced border for another long term project - my Crowfoot quilt. It's been in the ufo pile for awhile and I was thinking of it for my next handquilting project. Here is the link to the last time I posted about it. http://www.mrssewnsew.blogspot.ca/2010/11/lovely-surprise.html
I'm also still making blocks for the Cheddar Posy quilt for my daughter.
At the quilt show there were 2 lovely wholecloth quilts -beautifully handquilted. They were displayed flat on tables. They were folded so it was difficult to get good pictures of them. I would love to make a wholecloth quilt one day.
Quilt #1

Quilt #2
Happy Quilting!!

12 comments:

Cheri said...

The trailing vine is looking great!
Beautiful quilting on those whole cloth quilts.

Emma said...

The crowfoot borders are coming along nicely.

So, when are you starting your whole cloth quilt?? :)

libbyquilter said...

LOVE your crow foot quilt top and those borders will be perfect.

i've always wanted to do a whole cloth quilt myself . . . not sure when i'll get around to it but they are so elegant looking. it's nice to be able to see the quilting without any piecing to draw the eye away from it.

:-)
libbyQ

Janet said...

Your vine is looking gorgeous and I love your crowfoot quilt, so happy you've decided to work on it again.
The quilting is gorgeous, I've been wanting to do a feathered cable one day. On the list like everything else in my head I'm afraid.

Barb said...

Camping and rain! darn!
The vine is looking beautiful and the pieced border is great.
The whole cloth quilts are stunning. They are fun to do as there are no seams. I did a 30" square one and it took over 10 years, lol.
have a great weekend Janet

Lori said...

Wow! Amazing progress you are making on your vine quilt! What wonderful projects you are working on.
Sorry camping wasn't dry.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Such an inspiring post! We are in the middle of moving and I have only a minute here and there to find my sewing machine... this post makes me want to forget the move... Thank you.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, too bad about the rain. We have many times of rain when we went camping.
Your projects are looking really nice.
Those whole clothe quilts are really fabulous.

Jeanne said...

Love, love, love your vine! The whole cloth quilting is awesome, too. Aren't you glad it rained?

Miriam said...

Congratulations on your vine progress. I still have only one panel finished.
Those quilts are beautiful!

A whole cloth is on my "one day' list too.

Anonymous said...

I have not started my Trailing vines yet! I am inspired by your progress! Your hand-quilting is beautiful!
Kerry

Dixie Howard said...

Love hearing about your progress on your long term projects. I think a whole cloth quilt would be marvelous - I really admire them!