Wednesday, December 4, 2013

a gift made

I took the last stitch in the binding of this little gift quilt last night. I still need to get it in the mail but I think it can still be called an early Dec gift.
 What a fun little project this was. The pattern is called A Delightful Pairing by Kim Diehl in the Dec issue of AP&Q.  I haven't got the next issue yet so I think I got it made in under a month -must be a record for me :0)
 It warmed up to -16 degrees Celsius today ( in Fahrenheit that's 3 degrees) and the sun came out so I thought I would pop outside for a couple quick pictures.  They were quick!
I love the texture of hand applique once its been quilted around by hand. I'm so glad the sun came out today.  We've had blizzard conditions the last couple days.  Somehow the cold is more tolerable when the sun is shining.
Now I just need to get the rest of my Christmas sewing done...  :0)

Happy Quilting!

15 comments:

Carla said...

Have I asked you before where in Alberta you are? We hit a max of -16 in Rocky Mountain House, too!

Jan said...

So, so pretty! Nice that you were able to finish it up so quickly.
Am I the only one who is still mentally somewhere back in September? Not ready for this winter weather!!

Every Stitch said...

Oh I do just love this little one! And you are so right - the quilting gives it wonderful texture - would be hard to keep your hands off it :)

Karen said...

Everything about this is perfect!

Lori said...

That is so beautiful!!

Karen said...

Oh, how I want to be on your gift list!

Mad about Craft said...

Beautiful!

This is on my list of things to make.

Doniene said...

I LOVE it!!! So very lovely!!! Like Karen - it would be very welcome gift in my home!!! Super job!!

OOOO, so cold!! I was born and raised in Wyoming, but live in Texas now - we are 17 degrees F this morn - pretty cold for us!

Blessings

Frances Leate said...

lovely quilts and what wonderful gifts. Take care.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

It is beautiful!

Barb said...

what a wonderful gift. I'm sure the receiver will treasure it! loved the photo outside, really shows off the wonderful stitching!

MJ said...

Oh, J, what a lovely piece. Generous gift, lots of hours! Your work is stunning.

Carrie P. said...

just lovely and yeah! I would be back in real quick! :0)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow...what a stunning little quilt!..BTW how big is it?

Miriam said...

A really beautiful little quilt Janet!!!