Wednesday, April 16, 2014

a gift given, a gift received

Lori of Humble Quilts is hosting a doll quilt swap and I couldn't resist joining in. We were supposed to use Civil war repro fabrics and immediately I knew I wanted to use Turkey reds.  
 Here is the doll quilt I made.  I flipped through several books looking for a pattern but in the end I just chose a 6 inch block and made 4 of them followed by a few borders.
 I would have liked to have quilted it by hand but it had to be mailed by April 20 and I wouldn't have been able to make that deadline quilting by hand.  Here is a closer picture showing the machine quilting and the fabrics a little closer.  I mailed it yesterday - I hope my swap partner likes it!  It was fun to make. :0)
On Monday my mailbox had a large exciting envelope in it!  My swap partner Anne from California had her doll quilt in the mail early!  What a pretty, sweet surprise inside. 
These colors are perfect for spring and for Easter!  She raided a friend's stash for the fabrics - I'd like to raid that friend's stash too - I love the fabrics :0)  Thanks so much Anne - I love my little quilt! 
 
Thanks to Lori too for hosting the doll quilt swap!  I look forward to the "link up" so we can see all of the little quilts made for this swap.
 
Happy Quilting!



12 comments:

Kyle said...

Sweet doll quilts, both the one you made and the one you received. It's been fun seeing what everyone has made, It looks like it was a very successful swap. I should have joined. Oh, well, next time.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm not sure which one I like best - they're both so adorable! Win-win!

Karen said...

I knew I would not be able to participate in the doll quilt swap but I have certainly enjoyed seeing all the quilts that were made. And also reading about the process of how the design and colors were chosen.

Lori said...

Both quilts are super sweet!!

Kindred Quilts said...

Very cute doll quilts... your swap partner will be a lucky recipient, as you were!

Barb said...

wow what great doll quilts. Love those little saw teeth on ours and the baskets you received are sweet and just in time for Easeter!

Dawn said...

Fabulous little quilts!
Looks like you had lots of fun with the swap, that's great.

Carrie P. said...

I really like both quilts. You both got really nice quilts.

Every Stitch said...

Congratulations to both of you - they are lovely! You both have a great sense of colour and the piecing is perfect.

MARCIE said...

What darling little doll quilts. We can never have too many of them!

belarmina said...

felicidades !!!!
son preciosos los dos minis
saludos

libbyquilter said...

the little basket quilt is just right for spring/Easter~! very cute and i love the quilt that you made too . . . four blocks and some borders in wonderful fabrics makes a great little quilt~!

:-)
libbyQ