Thursday, October 23, 2014

a fall finish

I found a fall ufo to machine quilt for a quick finish. I hadn't finished anything in ages -  it feels good :0)
 I hadn't done any machine quilting in months so that part didn't go as well as I would have liked...
 I think it will be better after I wash it.  I'm planning to display it here on the kitchen table so I imagine it won't be long before it needs a wash.
 I always enjoy feathering borders.  I was having a hard time finding a deep rich black to bind it with until I found this black and brown stripe.  I love striped binding :0)
While I was at the LQS I picked out some fabric to make owls for my Bird of Paradise border.  I really don't have these colors in my stash at all.  Anyway, I got home and went to wash them and they had been left on the cutting table of the quilt shop on the other side of the city.  There was other fabric purchased (stash enhancement) and that was what I brought home.  A quick call to the store and the owner promised to send them in the mail.  Canada Post can be dreadfully slow so I wasn't expecting to see them until next week but only 2 days later they arrived.  I will be appliqueing owls this weekend  :0)

Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Barb said...

great leaf quilt - perfect for displaying this fall. It looks great - quilting including!
can't wait to see your owls.

Janet said...

Great job on the quilt, it looks wonderful on the table.

Kyle said...

The colors of the maple leaves and the borders are so perfectly synced and the bright green you used really brings out all those other awesome colors. Hey, your quilting looks great! And I'm a fan of striped bindings and feathers too.

Lori said...

Your table topper is perfect for fall!

Every Stitch said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish Janet! It looks so welcoming on the table :) Striped binding is always good and stes off this lovely floral especially well.

Lynette said...

Very fun fall colors - a nice UFO finish!

audrey said...

It really is fun to have a finish, and this one is perfect for the season!

Carrie P. said...

beautiful finish!

Dawn said...

Wonderful finish for fall! I love the quilted feathers, and the stripe binding is perfect.
Very nice your fabric arrived in time for owl stitching :-)

Jeanne said...

Beautiful colors in your leaf quilt!