Thursday, November 20, 2014

horses

The horses are ready to race across the bottom of my Bird of Paradise quilt.  I even started on the embroidery last night.  I added a flower to fill some space between the horses.  The space above the horses backs is just the right size for my initials and the date. I thought about appliquing them on but after getting some good advice I will stick to quilting them in perhaps with colored thread.
 My embroidery encouraging friend was over last night and she taught me how to do stem stitch - again.  I have a bad attitude towards embroidery but I do like what it adds to the applique.  She is very patient with me :0)
Jane of Jane's Threads and Treasures made a version of this quilt as well and I looked very closely at the embroidery on her horses before beginning mine. One more horse to do and some owl eyes as well and I can start assembling the top.  Exciting times :0)  (Of course I still have the side borders to applique)

Happy Stitching!!

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Your horses look so fantastic!! Great touch with the embroider - good thing your friend was over. ;D

Sue said...

Those horses are looking amazing!

Tina said...

They turned out so beautifully! Wonderful job!!!

Dixie Howard said...

Your horses look wonderful. I also have a block against the stem stitch. Thank goodness for YouTube videos! I always have to practice and learn this stitch all over again each time I need to use it!

Kristie said...

Beautiful job! I am a horse lover and your applique work is amazing!

Have a wonderful and Blessed day!
Kristie

Kyle said...

Fantastic job. Love the fabrics you choose and the embroidery does add some detail. You're getting closer!

Mayleen said...

Great job on the applique horses and the embroidery really enhances them!

Barb said...

Your horses are so jaunty! love the embroidery. It had such a great detail. I'm getting so excited to see your top.

Karen said...

The embroidery detail adds a lot to the horse. Good handowrk.

Jane in Cumbria said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love the embroidery..;o) Fantastic job!

Carrie P. said...

the embroidery is great

Radka said...

I love to see nice applique :-)
xx