Tuesday, March 17, 2015

2 more to go

I finished my Susan McCord Vine panel #11 yesterday and today I added it to the growing top  :0)
 It is getting difficult to photograph. A picture outside would be nice but we had snow again on Monday and it was wet, muddy and cold out today.
 With just 2 more panels to applique the top is close to full size now.
 There's nowhere in the house to lay it out flat to take a picture.
 That didn't stop me from taking pictures though. Every panel completed feels like an accomplishment and taking pictures is kinda like celebrating :0)
This panel had lots of large, pieced leaves - my favorite!

So, I thought I would pull out my Bird of Paradise quilt and work on the side borders but since I haven't designed them yet it was easier to print off panel #12 from Janet's blog Quiltsalott and get started on that.  I feel a bit panicky if I don't have some applique prepped and ready to stitch and that's a silly thing to lose sleep over - lol!

Happy Quilting!

21 comments:

Susan said...

Pretty gorgeous. You will be happy and sad when you finish.

Betsy said...

Janet it I a amazing.! I remember when you started it.

Phyllis said...

Truly amazing.... and very beautiful!

Lori said...

What an accomplishment! It is so beautiful!

Nancy said...

Wow, you have really stitched a lot of leaves. Just beautiful.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I'll say it is an accomplishment! This is one of my all time favorite antique quilts and I am so happy to know you have enjoyed making it. It is beautiful! And, I know what you mean about having to have some applique prepped and ready. I have 3 different tins with different hand projects ready to go at all times. I even keep one in my car - just in case!

Kyle said...

A celebration is defiently in order with each new panel! I'm not sure how it gets more beautiful each time I see your masterpiece, but it does.

Karen said...

Yay for you!!! I applaud your perseverance. The panels are so beautiful.

Cheri said...

You are getting so close to finished, I loved every one of your celebration pictures :)

Every Stitch said...

Oh my! it looks better and better each time you show it! so beautiful :)

Janet said...

It looks amazing, just like the original quilt. I'm very impressed.

Karen said...

I drool each time I see a panel added. Have you counted how many leaves you have stitched?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh this makes me want to start one! How spectacular!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Amazing!

pandchintz said...

Amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe!! Very inspiring to see how far you have come on this quilt:)
Kerry

Barb said...

GORGEOUS I'm so happy to see an update. I just absolutely love love love this quilt. Wee! Your almost done!!!
It is an instant heirloom and what an accomplishment

Rose Marie said...

Stunning...there is a ton of applique in your quilt! A Lot!!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

This quilt is looking incredible, of course you deserve to celebrate after each panel! I too always like to have soemthing available to pick up and sew and feel really annoyed when I don't.

Teresa Rawson said...

Well...look at you go! I wig out for a while and look what I missed! Your Susan McCord quilt top is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I love these long term projects with beautiful, happy endings!! Reproducing this quilt used to be on my bucket list, but I am not sue I have the patience to do it! Such nice work!

Judith said...

i am celebrating with you, it is drop death gorgeous!