Thursday, April 16, 2015

the worst block

I finished the block with its red center  :0)  It is probably one of the worst blocks I have ever made - it is not flat and it puckers on the curves.   But, I love it anyway and I am SURE that all of it's problems will just quilt away - lol!
 I also found I had another signature to make a block for.  I spread out all the blocks and finally made a decision about how I am going to set them.  I have changed my mind about this project several times but now I want it done!  I need to make one more block and then borders...
Oh dear- why do I always get stuck at this stage?

Happy Quilting!!

12 comments:

Hilda said...

..well I had to look hard to see a pucker but the way I think about them is - it will all disappear with quilting:)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I can't imagine making this block. I thought I had issues as I sewed log cabin blocks today! LOL I made some cogwheel blocks that I pressed to death and yes any imperfections will quilt out!

Kyle said...

From here your block looks awesome. The circle is spot on. You've really picked some challenging blocks. So of course, any I pefections naturally quilt out.

Cheri said...

These are such interesting blocks. I don't see a pucker but I just iron those ornery blocks into submission.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well worth the effort! And I don't see any puckers so I'm sure it will behave once quilted. Quilting always hides any of my less than perfect blocks.

audrey said...

It may have been the worst block for you, but I'm full of admiration at how well it turned out! It looks very tough!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That looks like a very difficult block, so I think it turned out well. I'm sure it'll quilt out. ;-)

Ann Marie said...

Looks great. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Lori said...

That is such a cool block! It looks great to me!

Barb said...

really pretty block and the red center looks perfect! Great signature block too - is it chimney sweep?

Nancy said...

Blocks like this make me want to pull my hair out and I complain about a log cabin block.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

That block looks pretty good from here! I love the colors and it has great contrast too--something I struggle with!