The long arm machine was so fun to use.
I will confess it seemed bizarre to see this top loaded up on the machine - I almost forgot to take pictures.
We set the stitch length to 1 inch and all I had to do was guide it across in a straight line. The lines of stitching are between 2 - 3 inches apart going in horizontal rows. I debated reloading and also basting vertical rows as that is how I baste by hand but the instructor thought this would be secure enough.
It was a wet, rainy day so this afternoon I sat down to start quilting so I could see if the basting was going to work out. It's good so far. Lots and lots of outline quilting will come first and then some kind of background fill. So far so good!!
I love the backing fabric. I found it on sale 4 years ago and I love that its the perfect color, a beautiful print and it has birds on it as well. Happily I bought enough :0)
I finished all of the applique for this other project. I guess I've been calling it 9 patch flower. It was fun and relaxingly easy applique to do. Next it needs 105 uneven nine patches to make a couple of pieced borders. I'm making them as leaders/enders so it could take awhile. There's no rush to get this together.
In the meantime I have selected a new applique project to start working on. I'm very excitied about it!! I ordered fabric and it hasn't come yet but I am looking forward to sharing more soon.