Friday, December 2, 2016

another ufo to work on


I found myself without handwork a few evenings ago and I dug out a ufo to work on.  Whyever did I put this one away??  I love these colors together.  I did discover that reading glasses help out with EPP...  I just bought them and wearing them makes me feel old...  I was gratified that I found they made no difference with handquilting so I only have to feel old on alternate nights.  I'm sure I will get used to them.
 
 The reason I was without handwork was because I finished the 3rd block of Radical Rose and Reel.  I'm going to take a break from this project now to applique a border for my signature quilt.  I find I like the variety of flipping between a couple of projects. 
I should have more discipline and make a 4th block so I could see how they come together at the corners but - its a hobby and I feel like doing something different for now.  Here are the 3 I have so far.  I found a couple more reds and greens to add in at a new-to-me shop in Blackfalds, Alberta - Peaceful Patch Quilt Shop.  I can't wait for the next time I can stop in there :0)
The colors look so Christmassy  - I think we will put up our tree tonight.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Cheri said...

Beautiful!

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

First of all, don't feel bad about wearing little reading glasses. They're amazing and necessary for these "old" eye! The Radical Rose applique blocks are radical, indeed. Beautiful. I've always loved that pattern. I like to change up projects too, but then finally settle on one to get it done. Your work is always amazing. Hope you had fun getting the tree decorated.

Lori said...

Wow! I think it's good to change projects to keep from getting bored. I think we will put our tree up today.

Every Stitch said...

Don't worry about wearing glasses - I've worn them since I was twelve and you can't say that is a sign of age haha! Love the colours in both projects and Radical Rose will be a perfect Xmas quilt for next year perhaps! All the best with your Xmas preparations :)

Barb said...

Your rose applique blocks are just gorgeous! It would be a fabulous Christmassy quilt.
Lovely EPP project too. I love the color combination too - very festive and happy.
I've worn glasses since 5th grade - welcome to the 4eyes club. Congrats on arriving so late ;)

audrey said...

Your applique is wonderful! Love the detail. I enjoy moving back and forth between projects too. It's really great to re-bond with a quilt and feel confident that it's worth taking our time to create.:)

Dawn said...

I can't imagine only having one project in the works, although I know,people,who can do it.
Your projects are all beautiful. The thought and care you put into fabric selection shows.
Your Radical Rose project is really stunning. Thanks for sharing!