Tuesday, March 21, 2017

ideas change

I thought I'd better get a quick post in today because for some of my kids spring break starts 
tomorrow.  Days get busy but there is always time for a few stitches in the evening :0)
 
I've been working (playing) pretty steadily with these 36 patch blocks.  I have so many neutrals to choose and cut I've enjoyed this very much.  As soon as I had 4 blocks made I changed my mind about the setting and I think I will just set these blocks side by side like shown.  It will use less of the 36 patches than my other plan but I think I like this end result better.
 

This Lemoyne star is for another project - a guild challenge that I can't show much of yet.  I want to make several stars like this one to put together with the challenge blocks in the final top.  This star is 6 inches finished and was it ever easy to piece by machine after all of those hand pieced 3 inch star-a-day stars. 
I have made very few star-a-day stars the last couple of months.  I need to get going on them again if I'm ever to make it to 365. Current count is 53...

Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

Jane in Cumbria said...

I love the setting of the patch blocks! And I like the colours in the star too!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Perfect piecing on that gorgeous 6" star! Do you do it in pairs, or go around in a circle, or half and half?? Would love to know your method.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Delicious! I particularly love those colors in the star block. I could eat it up!

Maker Joy said...

Wow. It's wonderful to see your 36 patches set out - they're practically a top! :)

Kyle said...

I was just thinking that the 6" LeMoyne star would be a piece of cake compared to the 3" ones. I love the look of the 36 patch side by side. Enjoy your spring break.

Barb said...

the Lemoyne star is so sweet. I love it on the blue background - really makes it sparkle.
Are you hand piecing it?
Your scrappy blocks are just wonderful!
have a nice spring break with the kids

Lynette said...

Janet, that is so pretty - The red flying geese make it look so nice. I really love good scrappy quilts like this. And that LeMoyne block! So pretty with that blue backgroudn!

Karen said...

Good quilt block design in your quilt to use up a bunch of little squares. Or did you cut the squares from yardage?

Sue... said...

Love all the blocks....beautiful fabrics and my favourite-scrappy

Dawn said...

Wow, love the blue setting for the colorful star.
More beautiful quilts in the works!