Tuesday, December 12, 2017

falling behind

So Bonnie Hunter's mystery is not for the slow and busy sewer.  Wow! there are a lot of units in the last 2 weeks worth of clues.  I am conceding that I will fall behind.
 
One of the fun things about her Mystery link up posts is seeing how people arrange their completed units - experimenting to try and solve the mystery.  Here are units from the first 3 clues arranged together.  This was how Grace B (link up person #12) had arranged hers and I thought it looked fun.
I cut and sewed and cut and sewed and got all of my clue #2 units made - oodles of flying geese.  
For clue #3 I have only just a handful of units made.  I hope to get a bunch more made before Friday's clue #4 but I know already I won't be done :0)
While I was waiting for clue #2 to be released I had a try at a Circling Swallows block.  Barbara Brackman had posted about this block here back in July on one of her blogs and I was wanting to give it a go.  It was fun!  This block will be an extra to go with my guild challenge blocks.  (once I finish it) 
Well, back to the sewing machine Christmas preparations for me  :0)
Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

Judith said...

All of it looks likes lot of fun. Enjoy your preperations! Have a good xmas, allthe best for 2018.

audrey said...

Haha! Christmas prep definitely gets priority this time of year! Great looking blocks. That swallow block looks tough!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I always try to get the pieces cut out and a few sewn, then I can always catch up while at home over the holidays...or after. Looks great so far.

Kyle said...

Christmas seems like a bit of an inconvenient time to have a mystery quilt sew along, but it doesn't look like you're falling behind. Oh, my that circling swallow blocks looks incredibly challenging. Great job!

gayle said...

Oh! I bookmarked that flying swallows block thirty years ago and STILL haven't gotten to it... Thanks for the reminder of what an amazing block it is!

Daffycat said...

Beautiful piecing! I’m able to keep up only because I’m a one-at-a-time sewer. My other projects have been put on hold, lol! I can’t even bring one out to tide me over between clues.

Taryn said...

I love that circling swallows block! I imagine it was tricky but wouldn't a top full of them be spectacular?