Wednesday, March 11, 2009

blue sunshine

I am busy working on all the same things I was working on last week so I thought I'd post about a quilt I made a few years ago. I think the pattern is called Blue Sunshine - its from AP&Q magazine. Here it is pictured where it normally sits - in my oldest daughter's favorite chair for reading. She reads A LOT! If anyone else should happen to sit in this chair before her she will try every trick she can think of to get them out.
To make this quilt I cut out templates from template plastic - traced around with a pencil on the fabric and then cut the shapes out with scissors. What was I thinking??? It was not the most accurate of cutting methods :0)I learn a little more with every quilt I make. Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!
Happy quilting!!

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful quilt. My first attempt at quilting was using scissors to cut out all the pieces. I decided it was not for me and gave it all to my grandma. She then made the quilt and gave it to me the next Christmas.