Monday, March 30, 2009

crib quilt

So I'm back from my trip. It was a fun and relaxing weekend. I did miss my little ones and DH so it was good to come home too. I didn't get as much stitching done as I had hoped to.... :0) Here is a sample flower from my new applique project.
I did say I would post about the baby quilt I made for my nephew. The making of this quilt did not go very smoothly.
I made a plan and drove all over the city looking for just the right fabric. I bought some and sewed some blocks. I sewed them together, didn't like it, and so ripped them apart. I bought more fabric, made some more blocks - sewed them together with the 1st blocks and then ripped them apart. I bought more fabric... Anyway here is the finished product. It is nothing like the original plan. It was a good learning experience and hopefully it will keep my nephew cosy.
I hope everyone else's sewing is going more smoothly! Happy Quilting!


4 comments:

Janet said...

well done on the baby quilt, you got there in the end. I wonder what applique you're doing? it looks piece o cake??

Carrie P. said...

Very nice quilt. And your applique is coming along.

Anonymous said...

You finished the binding! I'm sure your adorable nephew will love it.

Is this the applique you were frantically prepping before you flew out?

C. C. said...

I love that quilt! There is so much movement in it. I really like tone on tone, too (referring to your blue pinwheel blocks). One of my favorite things is cream on white and vice versa.

Your quilt looks like there are pools of shimmering water, then fun little toys/boats (the red pinwheels). That was so nicely done. I think it was worth all those trips around town! Now you have lots more fabric to make some other things (you probably hurt for extra fabric about like I do!).

I have to admit, I NEVER take apart my blocks and "fix" the thing if it isn't going well. My goal is usually to finish the project within 5 minutes of starting it (I get impatient!) and with the proper borders any flaw can be fixed!

Lovely applique as well!

C. C.