Sunday, May 31, 2009

outdoor quilt show

Every year there is an outdoor quilt show in my city. It's held at a park - a historic village. It's always wonderful but this year the weather cooperated for a perfect day. There were close to 500 quilts to look at - some of them beautiful antiques. It is not a judged show so I always like to put a quilt in it. I've posted about this one before - its my Lucy's Geese quilt. Machine pieced and hand quilted. It was displayed indoors - in the living room of one of the historic homes in the park.
This next one is made by a friend of mine - it is exquisite!! It was displayed indoors too and I love the bear rug that looks like its just about going to attack. :0)
This one is just so original!
I could have looked at this quilt all afternoon - it had so many great blocks - beautifully done. (it was a bit windy)
This one I just liked the combo of the applique and the piecing. It's so pretty.
I will save the antique quilts for my next post. My parents are here visiting this week so I don't know when that will be.
Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

MJinMichigan said...

Thanks for the "quilt show." I love the colors you chose for Lucy's Geese and it looks great in that setting.

antique quilter said...

great quilts must have been a wonderful show to go to!
teasing us saving the antique quilts to last!
we will be watching for them!!!!
thanks
Kathie

Janet said...

I love all these quilts, all very beautiful and I can't wait to see the antique ones, thanks for the show and tell.

Darlene said...

Wow, thanks so much for sharing your quilt show. I love your Lucy's Geese quilt - it's beautiful.

Carrie P. said...

Thanks for sharing the quilt show. Lovely.
What a great time to look at 500 quilts.

Lucy said...

OOhh wow when I see 'my quilt' I have so much regret that I putt it in my UFO quilt. Maybe I have to start a new one :-)

Sherri said...

What a wonderful quilt show!