Wednesday, September 28, 2011

signed and dated

I'm getting so close to having this 4 block applique quilt finished. Last week, on the last stretch of border I had to commit to how I wanted to sign it. I wanted to explore some calligraphy books and find a really elegant J and O and perhaps make the numbers more exciting as well. However, in the end I decided that the space was small and so I kept it fairly simple. Next time I post about this quilt it will be finished!


My stars are growing as well. This really is the ultimate, portable take-a-long project for me. I should have ordered more quilt patis... :0)

Happy Quilting!!

12 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

How I wish everyone had signed and dated their quilts.

Barb said...

How wonderful that you quilted in the year and your initials! Love that.
your stars are great, are you paper piecing them?

Lori said...

I like how you signed it and it is very readable. It is going to be such a wonderful quilt and heirloom.
Love how your hexies are growing.

Janet said...

I must remember to think of the quilting idea for signing and dating, it looks great. I love your stars, great take along, I agree.

Jan said...

Love those six pointed stars, and your hand quilting is wonderful!

Marilyn Robertson said...

I love the way you signed your quilt and the hand quilting is beautiful! The stars are wonderful!

antique quilter said...

I am so excited for you that your almost done quilting the quilt I have enjoyed watching your progress on this. I have to start remembering to date my quilts and putting my initials in it as well.
thanks!!!!
stars are great, wow!
kathie

JohnR said...

Dates on quilts are kewl. The date recorded on my favourite quilt is 1977.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I love the way you signed your quilt, Janet.

Carrie P. said...

I never thought about quilting my initials and date in the quilt. great idea.
lovin' those stars.

Purl Buttons said...

I just found your blog and I HAVE to have some Patis. Today is our local quilt show and I will check the venders but I don't have much hope for this. Guess I will have to search the web.

Valentina said...

What a wonderful way to sign your quilt, Love it! And those stars are just yummy. I am also hoping to start on them 'soon'--:) Janet, how big are your diamond papers?