Monday, September 29, 2014

circle progress


Temptation just lurks all over blogland to start something new.  I've been distracting myself by working on as many current projects as possible. I've nearly finished my applique border. I have made it to the final border with my large handquilting project and I pulled out these circle blocks to put some more surrounds on.  I have 6 blocks finished so far. I love the secondary design created when they come together.
There are16 blocks in this Circle Game quilt so I need to not lose focus! 

 I did decide enough is enough with these 6 inch blocks.  I think if I make one more block I can put it together as a lap-sized quilt.  The blocks were so fun to make- endless variety and it was great to play with my scraps but its not really the kind of quilt I fall in love with.  I'd rather put the sewing time into making a quilt I really love.
Then there was this little experiment.  I enjoyed cutting and putting this little table topper together but ahhhh!  It doesn't lie flat.  Should I take it apart and try to fix it?  Keep going and hope it will quilt out? Or, abandon it as little distraction that didn't work out? It is my personality to just keep going and see how it goes.  What do you suggest?  :0) 

Happy Quilting!!

15 comments:

Every Stitch said...

Love your 'experiment' - such great colours and fabrics! I would just keep going - quilting will make all the difference. All your projects are just so beautiful - love the Circle Game blocks all together - so interesting the way the sashing links together.

Karen said...

I had the same problem with a block similar to your pineapple block and not laying flat. Did you use a pineapple ruler? I did and that seemed to be my problem. I do better with paper piecing that style block.

Nana said...

I love the circle quilt and the new experiment is beautiful. I can not advise on what would be better, just hope it works because it is lovely.

Kyle said...

The circle blocks really are working together so well. The "experiement" has great colors and fabrics and your piecing looks spot on. Something must have stretched ever so slightly. My vote- keep going?

Susan said...

I love your experiment. Darker backgrounds look really good with scrap quilts. Lots of lovely work in all your sewing projects.

antique quilter said...

always fun to see what your working on.
your little table topper I would leave it I know it will quilt out. Its so pretty, love the background fabric you used.
Kathie

Barb said...

Your circles look great and the secondary pattern is an added bonus.
How good to know what we want don't want to spend more time on. I love your 6" inch blocks and can't wait to see them together.
cool table topper - love that dull background.
Have you tried good - STEAM pressing? Maybe on a bath towel. If it get good results, I would starch it.

Cheri said...

Good opening line, temptation does lurk out in blogland. That is usually where I first have the seeds planted for a new project idea. Your WIPs are all beautiful.

audrey said...

Love your little experiment! The colors are wonderful. Always enjoy seeing more of your circle blocks too.:)

pandchintz said...

Lovely projects! I think it might quilt out.......so I'd keep going. Good luck!

Lori said...

The 6" sampler blocks are fun but its good you know when to stop. Love the pieced hex, I'm thinking it doesn't look too non-flat. I'd keep going.
The circle blocks are coming along so nicely! They are amazing!

Dawn said...

Fantastic projects, I just love seeing the blocks together.
The table,topper will quilt out lovely! I can just picture all that quilty textured wonderfulness.

Jane in Cumbria said...

I love your first blocks!
And your table topper will be fine when it's quilted!

Jane in Cumbria said...

I love your first blocks!
And your table topper will be fine when it's quilted!

Carrie P. said...

Lovin'those circle blocks.
I would try the same thing that Barb suggested. I have used steam before once I was getting ready to put a quilt together. The steam will actually shrink the fabric a tiny bit. Then I think quilting will take up the rest of the wavy parts. It looks great though.