I finally got the borders put onto this Lily quilt. I drove out to Canmore to the wonderful quilt shop there and I found a good cream fabric for the borders. It's not too yellow or dark and has only a little bit of pattern so the handquilting I am planning for this project will stand out. Now I can procrastinate about basting this... It's 85 inches square so it will take awhile.
So, I forgot to get enough fabric for binding while I was there. (must have been too excited about the bike ride) I almost wonder if red binding might suit it. I'll worry about that once its quilted - next year sometime if everything goes well :0)