Saturday, June 27, 2015

new projects


 
 What is it about new projects?  So exciting :0)  This project is a result of my emergency sewing that I started back in December.  I had a mini charm pack of Potluck and I started making hexies.  Well this week the hexies became flowers and now I'm thinking about what to make with them.  (and wishing I had bought 2 mini charm packs...)
I like them with this busy grey polka dot.  I'm probably going to make a pouch or bag.
 I love the bag with handles on the cover of this book that I repeatedly take out from the library but would need twice as many hexies to make it.  (another mini charm pack...)  I will play around with them until a plan forms.
This is the fabric I am going to use in my new quilt patis project. Pretty bright for me I know but so happy.
 I got started today even though I'm not at the beach yet - I couldn't wait!
I've been studying and drawing squirrels for my Bird of Paradise border.  This was the result. Now to stitch him down before he runs away :0)

Happy Quilting!!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Your hexie flowers do look lovely against the grey background. Maybe you can find another charm pack. Nice fabrics for your next project, always fun to start something new. Cute squirrel too.

Every Stitch said...

I love that squirrel!! going to be great in the border. And the new project is intriguing. Yummy colours and fabrics and you can't go past EPP stars ( I'm guessing?)

audrey said...

Love your hexies. Charm packs seem to work well with them! Your squirrel is very fun looking.:)

Kyle said...

Your new fabrics are perfect for summer. It will be fun to start something new. You drew a very realistic squirrel for the border. You've got 3 great things going on. Have fun at the beach.

Dawn said...

What a great squirrel! Great hex colors. Enjoy your beach time.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love you little squirrel and your happy hexagons!

Lori said...

Great squirrel and I bet he will fit right in!

Carrie P. said...

the bag on the cover of the book is really cute. I bet you could find some charms that are similar to those to add to the bag. Lovin' your stack of fabric too. They will make a very pretty quilt.
Cute squirrel too.

Barb said...

very cute squirrel! captures their fiesty nature.
Love your hexies and look forward to seeing how you use them.
have fun at the beach!