Wednesday, September 9, 2015

applique

With my Trailing vines panels finished up I was in need of a quick-to-prep applique project for a weekend away.  We were visiting family so I knew there would be time to sew.  
 I prepped this block from the Renee Plains book "A Bird in hand".  Fast and fun to prep there are 9 blocks just like this in this pattern.  I should have prepped more as stitching this down went fast too.  I am undecided if I will make 8 more.

This afternoon I finally had time to add the last panel onto my Susan McCord Trailing Vines quilt.  It was a nice surprise to find I had the top and bottom borders cut out and ready to sew on. 
I am very excited to have this top complete!  Started back in Nov 2011 these panels have travelled so many different places with me.   I want to take some nice pictures of it so I will show more soon.  I plan to quilt it by hand.  Will I be able to wait until my current handquilting project is finished before starting?? 

8 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats on finishing your Trailing Vines, it's a magnificent quilt. You will have so much fun quilting it.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

So excited to see your trailing vines! Looking forward to more pics and so glad to hear you will be hand quilting it. I have prepped the vines on one panel but then put it away to finish up some other projects. I am so itching to start but trying to keep all my ducks in a row. Maybe we just need more hours in each day!

Cheri said...

Good for you! I am sure it is beautiful. I can't believe it was that long ago that Janet offered that pattern. I a m glad you are hand quilting it, you have an equally beautiful hand quilting stitch.

Kyle said...

You should get a trumpet fanfare! What an awesome accomplishment. Just seeing the corner is spectacular. Can't wait to see the whole masterpiece. Wow!

audrey said...

Congrats on finishing up your vines! Wowsers, what an incredible project!:)

Karen said...

The pot of flowers is sweet as can be.

Every Stitch said...

Wow - it looks lovely and what an achievement! Hand quilting will be a great choice :)

Barb said...

What a cute pot of flowers! You could finish this in so many cute ways or make more for a quilt. I love the chunky pot.

I can't wait for the photo shoot of your Vine quilt. I know I wouldn't be able to wait to start quilting it. wee