Wednesday, September 30, 2015

handquilting progress


Progress continues with the handquilting on my Lily quilt. After I finished outlining the stems and leaves I decided to quilt little wreaths around the cornerstones. I don't have a template and so they are a bit quirky - adds charm right?

 I'm doing half wreaths along the edge and 1/4 wreaths will go in the corners. 
 After that, I have no idea what I will quilt next.  I hope it comes to me.

I can't seem to stop making these pots full of happy flowers.  My 7 year old saw these blocks laid out and remarked that they needed some fabric thingies in between them.  I think she's right :0)  They will need some sashing.  I'm pretty sure now that I will be making all 9 blocks like the pattern.

Happy Quilting!!

16 comments:

Kyle said...

So far those little wreaths are adding a wonderful design element to your quilt. Lots of quilts need fabric thingies to tie it all together. Your daughter has a good sense of design too.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your wreathes don't look at all wonky from here--they're beautiful!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I don't see any wonkyness! Wonderful start! Your stitches are gorgeous!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your hand stitching is beautiful! I don't see wonky at all ! :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I cannot tell that you didn't use a template for your wreaths. What impeccable quilting. Your 7 y.o. has a good eye ... I think sashing would be perfect for those pots.

Sandra said...

The wreaths are looking great to me. What a wonderful quilting idea. It adds the perfect touch.

Mayleen said...

What quirkiness? Your quilting looks wonderful to me!

Cheri said...

The wreaths are a perfect addition, your hand quilting is very pretty. On to the fabric "thingies" between the pits...too cute :)

Feathers in my Nest said...

Lovely quilting..and pretty flower blocks..
Debra in Ma.

Every Stitch said...

Love the hand quilting start and I agree with the others - not a wonky in sight!

Lori said...

What gorgeous hand quilting!!
I agree, it needs some fabric thingies between them too:)

Barb said...

the wreath looks perfect from here. I love wreath quilting too.
The pots are so happy. Isn't it nice to have design help? How sweet.

Dawn said...

Impressive freehand wreath! Love the half wreaths too. I think your DD has. Gift for design...suggesting the thingys. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Nancy said...

Hand quilting is my favorite and yours is beautiful. All your projects are looking great especially your Bird of Paradise.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

your hand quilting is beautiful and I love those flowerpots!

MARCIE said...

Beautiful work, as always, Janet. Your darling pots of flowers are indeed happy, and all your pretty quilting looks lovely.