Wednesday, September 13, 2017

some applique

My guild met Monday night and the next block challenge was released and it turns out to be ...  Architectural Elements...  Ack! I waited 2 months for that?  I guess that's why its called a challenge.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on...
 It's much easier to come up with the extra blocks I am making to go with the 5 blocks for the challenge.  I recently finished this extra block.  It's a Sharon Keightley design I found in issue #23 of Today's Quilter magazine.  Sharon's block is made up in very different colors but I was smitten with the design. 
 It was a fair bit of stitching for one block but that's no problem :0)

Here it is mixed in with the others.  I really like playing with what works on the dark background fabric.  To recap -
Challenge #1 - Iconic 
Challenge #2 - Where you live
Challenge #3 - Adventure
Challenge #4 - Architectural Elements
(the star block is an extra too)

Now I'd better go find my thinking cap.
Happy quilting!!

12 comments:

Judith said...

Good luck! I do understand that you are smitten with this block! So would I!

Unknown said...

Очень красиво!

Every Stitch said...

Don't they look lovely together! - and such a nice choice of the dark background. Good luck with the next block - maybe a nice house block ?? I know you'll come up with something gorgeous to fit in with the others :)

Kyle said...

I love the way the blocks together. The next challenge....hmmmmm

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I'm sure you will come up with something great. I love these blocks!

audrey said...

Great colors in these blocks! Love seeing these come together. Such yummy applique work!

Teresa Rawson said...

Oooo, those brights on the dark background look so lovely. I think all your blocks together look very harmonious.

Radka said...

Beautiful blocks; I love no 5!
xx

Barb said...

I love how they glow on those dark backgrounds - have fun with your challenge.

Lori said...

The background is really making your applique sing! Beautiful blocks!

Karen said...

Love your applique blocks. I can't think of a thing for an architectural challenge unless it would be a house block of some kind.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am loving these blocks on the navy background. Also loved your Tree of Life block and your new summer fest quilt. You do beautiful work whatever you put your hand to it seems.