Friday, August 18, 2017

Lady of the Lake block

I decided to try something new and join a quiltalong with the Fat Quarter Shop.  There was an opportunity to sew a Lady of the Lake block from a pattern that is part of their Classic and Vintage Quilt Along.  I love classic and vintage quilts - how could I resist?

 Of course I couldn't stop at just one block especially since there were parts already made for a second block. 
 Lots and lots of fabric auditioning occurred, digging deep into my big bag of Minick and Simpson scraps.  Blocks 2,3 and 4 sewed up quick once I picked out fabric.
 I did not have time to make all the blocks for the Lady of the Lake Classic and Vintage pattern. I made a table topper instead with just 4 blocks.  There were decisions to make about how to position the blocks.  Asymmetrical blocks are fun to play around with. 
A couple of borders later I have a finished top.  This sewed up quick and I think it will make a great Christmas gift.  (this gives me lots of time to get around to quilting it :0) 

Other bloggers are previewing this pattern and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have made with it.  The links are on the FQS blog here.

Happy Quilting!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Very nice pattern. I like the colors chosen and the border print. I have never made this block.

Barb said...

Such a pretty block. The setting is so nice and your fabrics are so pretty.

Cathy said...

Love your block. The fabrics are perfect for it. Hugs

Kyle said...

You got those beautiful blocks together fast and your color and fabric choices are wonderful. You can't go wrong with Minick and Simpson. The quilt will make a sweet gift for someone, if you're willing to part with it ;0)

Lori said...

Very nice!