Monday, June 25, 2018

It's a UFO

I always think I'm going to get so much more done than I do.  I was sure I would need a new handquilting project basted for summer stitching but here I am just starting the background fill in the border of my current project.  (The next quilt will be my Trailing Vines and I just can't wait!!)
I quilted in my initials and the year...  well I meant to put 2018 but I was watching TV and the show must have been more interesting than usual.  Anyway - its staying and it will add more mystery to whoever finds this quilt years from now.   The 18 is all I will need to remember what year I finished this.
Some more of the background fill.
 
 I was wanting something new to work on recently but instead of starting a new project I pulled out this set of 9 applique blocks and decided I wanted to frame them with small red HSTs.  It will be fun to put them together I think. 
 A week later … I completely caved and started this Stars Upon Stars pattern by Edyta Sitar.  I rationalized that I already had the pattern and I have all the fabric I need in my stash so really - it qualifies as a UFO right?  I think this will be a looong, slow project.
I had to include a picture of my foxgloves.  They're my favorite flower and I'm so grateful to my mom for giving me some plants this year as I didn't start any.

Happy Quilting!!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Your quilting is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with the applique blocks and the triangle squares. Hugs

Karen said...

The Stars Upon Stars is an ambitious project that will take some precise piecing. I know you are up to challenge and I look forward to watching your progress.

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I love the background to your applique! It's going to be lovely. I've been eyeing that Star upon Stars pattern myself! I can't wait to see your progress!

Barb said...

what a wonderful post! love those foxgloves. I had those in NJ.
Gorgeous quilting and the addition of your initials and year is special. great fill around the feathers.
that star quilt is incredible - wow

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Gorgeous quilting!! Just stunning! And I love those stars!

Lori said...

Your handquilting is great and I love the 18- it adds a bit of intrigue!
I don't blame you for starting that new quilt, it is lovely!!
I tried to grow foxgloves, but it is just too hot here for them. They are such a pretty flower.

audrey said...

Your hand quilting just makes me smile. Love it! You do so much more than I do. Since I switched over to using Perle Cotton, I do less stitching than ever before--always wanting to move on to the next one! Like you, I'm always, always overestimating how much I can get accomplished. Loved seeing your new project ideas. They are going to be fabulous!

Phyllis said...

Impeccable quilting, so beautiful!

Dawn said...

I always enjoy seeing your hand quilting, so inspiring.
Sweet baskets and the red sets them off perfectly.
Nice to have shared plants for the garden - so pretty.