Yesterday was an exciting day. I took my quilt and with a lot of help, long arm basted my Trailing Vines quilt. It is now ready for handquilting. I was so excited to get started last evening. I did put a few stitches into it - enough to realize that it is going to take awhile to quilt around all those leaves... lots of turning of the hoop. I wonder if Susan McCord quilted hers in a frame - I bet unlike me, she could quilt in more than 2 directions.
A New Year must equal a new project - right? In effort to resist, I went through my bin of ufo's. This little wallhanging has been waiting for some quilting for a looong time.
I also made 2 blocks for a guild project.
I also made 2 house blocks for the Paradise Fire project in California. I used the instructions on Lori's Humble Quilts blog from Diane Knott's book. They were fun, also a little like a new project.
So I have resisted starting something new so far. Of course there are plenty of other projects I can work on. Those ufo bins have loads of potential...
I finished appliquing the final block for my Radical Rose and Reel quilt. As excited as I am to put all 9 together - I'm anxious about trimming them. They need to trim down to 24 inches and my largest ruler is 20 1/2 inches. I will procrastinated about it for a few days. I found another ufo to work on in the meantime...