Friday, September 20, 2019

Still stitching

We are back to the fall routine around here.  There is still lots to do but a little more time to think about quilting.
I finished a little quilt for a doll quilt swap.  There were even still some flowers in my yard to photograph it with.
 I hope it reaches its destination soon.  It had a long way to travel.  I enjoyed using some stencils to mark quilting designs.  It was a fun little break from my big projects.

In August I was too busy to do much applique prep so I got 2 blocks behind in Barbara Brackman's Hospital Sketches applique BOM .
 I decided to add some extra parts to block #7  I sure enjoy playing around with the shapes.  What did stitchers in time past do without freezer paper?
From paper to fabric :0)
I started on the next block right away.  So far only one of 3 flowers appliqued.  I played around with the shapes a little again - I like to make some changes to make the project my own.
 I was invited to a birthday party for a good friend.  I wanted to make her something so I whipped up a little pouch to tuck a couple things into.  I had no time to handquilt it but the applique was done by hand.
Happy Quilting!!

11 comments:

audrey said...

Yay for the small projects! Your little doll quilt is super sweet. You are making the rest of us look bad by putting that much time into the stitching on it though! lol Your layered tulip block is making me drool. Love it!!

Karen said...

Your applique blocks are oh so pretty. I got behind on Barbara's blocks also and don't know when I will find time to catch up.

Judith said...

Just love all of it, the applique, the colors used, the pouch. We seem to be having one of the very last sunny summery days! Have a lovely weekend.

Barb said...

isn't there always lots to do? I think I'll catch up, but more comes down the pike.
The doll quilt is lovely. That blue background is striking.
Your hospital sketch blocks are pretty, what a nice quilt they will make.
Cute bag for your friend!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh the swap quilt is awesome! But than I always love solid deep colors paired with scrappy blocks. Love your little pouch, I keep saying I need to make some but somehow I never find the time. The addition of the applique makes it a very unique gift, I am sure she will love it I know I would

Halland House Gifts said...

What beautiful projects you've finished and are working on! My quilt tops are beginning to pile up here. Soon it will be time to crawl under them and get in some quality time hand quilting. Until then I'm still reproduction sampler crazy. Have a great week. Judy

Lori said...

The stars with the blue background really sparkle!!
Love your "play" with applique designs. I love the bag you made me!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Fabulous little doll quilt. I'd like to link it into my September mini post if that is o.k.? I love your Hospital Sketches block. It is so much fun to see all the variety. Your colors and your workmanship are stunning!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Fabulous little doll quilt! I love how the stars glow against the dark blue.

Sandy said...

I agree, the stars are really stunning. Its a beautiful quilt, I'm sure the recipient will love!

Quilting Babcia said...

Super sweet little doll quilt. I adore that appliqued pouch too.