Wednesday, October 1, 2008

pumpkins

With Canadian Thanksgiving just a couple of weeks away I'm happy to have this little pillow finished to display. This project also comes from the UFO pile. 2 years ago I bought it as a kit and did the wool pumpkins and the blanket stitching (the fun part) and this week I finally got to the rest.


I'm happy I pulled this out because now I see I have lots of leftover orange felted wool to make snowman noses with :>)
This was the first kit that I ever bought (a Terry Morberg pattern again) - I couldn't resist the striped binding cut on the bias. In fact, in my stash I have striped fabric that I've bought intending to bind quilts that I haven't even planned yet. I'd better get sewing... :)
Happy quilting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new buttons.

Yvonne said...

I love your pillow....very nice job. Your applique quilt is gorgeous....don't let it sit in the ufo pile too long....lol
Thanks for the visit. :)

I like your little tabletopper too.

MARCIE said...

Oh my gosh, that is sooo cute! I love the little tabs and buttons. Aren't you excited to have this finished!

KyQuiltlady said...

Your pillow is beautiful! I just love doing bias bindings that are stripes. You did great job!
Brenda