On the weekend I finished block #6 of Radical Rose and Reel. I had to lay them out together to see how it's coming along. Three more blocks and then borders to applique - so many hours of happy stitching to look forward to :0)
Here's the 6th block.
I've also made considerable progress on handquilting my Lily quilt. I'm halfway around the wide border with a feathered vine.
I just love quilting feathers! The border will need a background fill of some kind to go with the feathers. I'll figure that out later - lol!
On Saturday I pulled out my 36 patch blocks. I had set them aside months ago to make a quilt for my son. At that time I decided to put sashing between the blocks but had a difficult time finding the "right" fabric. I thought I was going to love it with this blue stripe... Once I got 2 rows together I was sure I had made a mistake. I posted it on Instagram and received a lot of feedback - people liked the sashing. My husband also mentioned that he liked the sashing - that cinched it!
Sometimes a little advice is all I need. Thanks if you were one of the advisors :0)
There has been a bit of skiing going on in the past few weeks. We had some exciting visitors from Ontario and we went downhill skiing
and cross country skiing. Both days were just picture perfect and fun!
Of course exciting visitors deserve exciting dessert! My DD#2 and I had been wanting to make a Baked Alaska cake for awhile and it was a fun and tasty experiment.